Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A couple of things I thought of while attending the SMU/ NTSU Game last week...

1. SMU lost the game plain and simple: That is if you count that their starting running back got hurt in the first quarter, either way I still believe SMU is a better team than UNT that is why this game was considered an upset. (Need proof? Just look at the Definition of the word.) I believe they were outplayed and out-willed in this game. UNT was dieing for respect. They got it. Congrats to the Eagles...err...the Mean Green...errr...whatever.

With that out of the way...

2. What other high school teams play at Fouts Field?: Does Plano East or Slippery Rock get a chance to play there too or would that be a too much of a drop in quality of the stadium?

3. Is there any truth to the rumor that UNT dropped their academic program? Anyone?

4. UNT Fans do NOT know how to heckle or stand up for their team:

Case in point: I heard or saw the following things while at the game as I yelled at opposing fans till the SMU section cheered:

A. UNT fans seem to believe that they have copywrited "The Shocker" by using it as a symbol of what they are going to do to opposing teams. One can look here and see that nowhere does it mention anything about UNT and "The Shocker." In fact, it has a picture of a cheerleader from Wichita State displaying it in all of its glory. Stop acting like its yours. You can do it to opposing fans, but we can do it right back. That's pointless, it's like calling someone a jerk. Stop it. Besides, UNT sounds a bit more like "cunt" than SMU does.

B. An old man in jorts was in the UNT student section. He yelled at me once. I repeat once, before I ripped into him for his blatant dishonesty in age. Old men shouldn't be in the student section, nor should they try to trash talk students. Ask his son. Jorts, age, the fact that he was probably still a student, they were all fair game. Do everyone a favor and stay out of the student section. That's like cannon fodder for experienced hecklers like Pat and I. And yes, the reason we can heckle so good is that our team is so bad. You need to be able to trash talk to stay in it when your team is down by thirty. UNT fans should know this as well as anyone else.

C. Two slick looking fellows in Kenneth Cole shoes and striped shirts that looked about three sizes too small decided to tell me to watch my language because of the ladies. Don't get me started, see section B above. Stay the hell out of the student section.


D. Some little UNT fan turns to us calls us gay (very creative) and then refuses to look back when I call him out. Sorry son, man up. A real fan will defend his team not throw a stone and run. Do the Mean Green a favor and don't show up for the next game.

E. Once the game was in hand for UNT some idiot fan drops this bit on me, "Go back to Dallas. Why don't you back to Dallas and SMU and make another million dollars?" Ok, can I go now or do I have to wait?

Not one rational person could convince me to stay in that hole called Denton. Listen, pal, your doing us a favor by getting the game over with quickly. Maybe our football team sucks, but at least no one chants "Safety School" towards us at our games. And, oh yeah, check the standings we have a far better athletic program than you, we call them ranked teams. (It hurt me to say that because football is all that matters to me despite SMU's other great teams.)

Either way, I think his little group of friends got it best when I told them that lower to mid-management is a nice goal to have and I would give them some nice benefits when they came and worked for me. There was dead silence before some girl with him called me a jerk. Tisk, tisk, see section A, we covered this. Lets be a bit more creative next time shall we?

5. This could have been in the last section, but I wanted a solid number like "5.":
Next time a team decides to run its mouth too much about beating another they should check the scoreboard. No, not the game scoreboard, I'm talking the "all-time scoreboard." Yes, that may sound lame, but I think you should know that in the thirty-two times SMU and UNT have played, UNT has now won a whopping four times. That’s right SMU is 28-4 against you. Let me put that another way. Since man has been walking the Earth, you have only beaten us four times, meaning that SMU has beat you 88% of the time. So have your party now, but I have one question, where does UNT keep its National Championship trophies? I'd like to see one. I'll wait while you guys get back to me on that.

And yes, this was written out of pure bitterness.

Viddy

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home